Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Sanibel Lighthouse Point

Got up early this morning and I made my way down to the Lighthouse Point. I got there 45 minutes before the sunrise and could faintly see quite a few Yellow-crowned and Black-crowned Night Herons - both adults and juveniles. I believe I counted 9. When I finally had enough natural light to capture their photo - a jogger came along and dispersed every single bird life on the beach.....sigh.

At that point I got off the beach and meandered down the wooded path and boardwalk to see what else was stirring.

The sunrise was just spectacular and the peacefulness was spirit filled.

Wildlife was definitely becoming more active - and the woodpeckers were getting their fills.

Here the spider web was catching it's own sun rays - just heavenly.

This Spiny Orb Weaver was above my head as I walked off the boardwalk.

Many Cardinals were heard and seen as well as Carolina Wrens. I spotted another .... a warbler but can't identify it for sure. If my memory serves me right - the bottom half was yellow and the top half was black and white - just like the Black and White Warbler - it hung around a cabbage palm tree, feasting insects within the crown of the tree - always away from my view....more sigh.

The Osprey that hangs around the Lighthouse Point was eating a nice fresh fish - not quite what I would eat for breakfast but then again I am not a bird.

All good things must come to an end - I bid farewell to the Lighthouse until the next time.

My E-Bird list

2 comments:

  1. Once again you got some great pictures. I love the sunrise and nice shot on the lighthouse. Hope you had a great day.

    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Larissa. Did you see the woodpecker, that one is real too!

    ReplyDelete