Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Observation deck

I've had the opportunity to sit and observe wildlife unfold and boy, what a way to spend some quality time. Across my back yard I noticed some movements in a Bottle Brush tree and I was pleasantly surprised to see a pair of Orchard Orioles....I wonder how long they will stay.....they've been here for 3 days now.
I have to admit that I really worked hard to get these photos - not only was I zoomed way out but the Oriole likes to stay deep inside the vegetation with only a few appearances out in the open.

 Shortly after I noticed movements in the corner of my eye and saw the Red-bellied Woodpecker fly over to the other and BAM!
it happened. Wow - I love to be a witness to nature as it unfolds. As previously shared, this pair has been excavating in this tree trunk - now, perhaps, we might have little peckers soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment