Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Swallow-tailed Kite morning ritual

I had seen this kite at this location and this morning I took a walk over with the hopes that it would be in that tree - unfortunately it wasn't, but there were kites in the sky - I counted 5 of them. I walked a bit further and found one at a different location - take a look.....
It was quite a bit early and I wondered if I could capture the bird while looking east, lucky for me it took off and landed on the other side of the street.

As I wait for the sun to rise, I take time to watch it as it shakes the dew off its plumage.



Joined by a Grackle, I wondered if it would take off - but it remained.



It must have spent a good 20 minutes cleaning up its feathers....

It needs clean feathers for the gliding flights that will take place throughout the day.


Shake, shake, shake and before I knew it - it left before the sun rose....but that's okay as I am grateful for its shared spirit.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info. I truly favor to reading your post


    __________________
    Dog training washington DC

    ReplyDelete