Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

A few more migrants

We've had a cool front come through and our winds shifted to the NW - this indicated a good chance to see a few more of the late migrants. Come and see what I located in my area.
At the Sanibel Lighthouse - an Eastern Kingbird

and a Western Kingbird

An Eastern & a Western Kingbird.

A Palm Warbler - a nice surprise.

A Red-eyed Vireo

A Western Kingbird and  

a Blackpoll Warbler.

A visit to the Caloosa Shell Mound provided views of the Great Crested Flycatcher,

Scarlet Tanager - female

Scarlet Tanager - male

 I'm just glad that I was able to catch sight of these few - spring migration gives us a short window of viewing opportunities while the migrants are passing through - bad weather usually provides more dropouts. In any event, any day birding makes for a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I am just amazed on how well you know all the different kinds of birds... Kudos to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete