Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Back to Bunche

A beautiful morning and a low tide on the horizon, I set out early to re-visit Bunche Beach with the hopes of finding yet more species for my June Challenge.
A nice bunch - some Roseate Spoonbills and White Ibis - both species in Immature and Adult stages.

Short-billed Dowitchers were heard and seen throughout the beach.

Two Immature Roseates with a Snowy Egret.

Short-billed Dowitchers feeding on the flats.

A Willet - I've noticed how they started to appear in greater numbers over the course of the past few weeks.

A Wilson Plover - check his pink legs and strong bill.



The Roseates surely catches the attention, doesn't it?

"I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine".


A great spot for the Great Blue Heron to oversee what is going on.

As I'm about to wrap up my morning, I notice that a group of people is heading out for a day of fishing - Have fun!


The Semi-palmated Plover and

the Wilson Plover wished me farewell.

And then was greeted back home by the Great blue Heron as he swallowed his catch - not a bad birding day. My E-Bird List for today http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18932693 
 

1 comment:

  1. I would say you had a pretty good birding day. Glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete