Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring time at the Bailey Tract

The day had started so well with the Spring Migration that I wanted to return to the Lighthouse area - but with the knowledge of season and traffic, I decided to make a trip to the Bailey Tract instead. It turned out to be a great afternoon of seeing species that I don't usually see there and a nice crowd of curious and happy visitors.
A solo Eastern Kingbird making a survey of the Ani Pond.

A Red-breasted Merganser - not the usual fowl around the Bailey Tract.


The Green Heron searching for food.

One of the gators that was seen today. The visitors are always excited when they see the gators and I'm happy to say that most everyone behave with respect and keep their distance.

Now, do you think the Green Heron is keeping enough distance?

The Black-necked Stilts with a Blue-wing Teal.



And look what I found? A dozen of Cattle Egrets in breeding plumage.

The colors are just spectacular.

 I love spring time - don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment