Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Migration time - A visit at the Lighthouse

Ahhh.....things really starts to heat up when migration time rolls around - that, combined with cold fronts and wind blowing just in the right direction - makes for some interesting surprises.
And so, this morning, I figured I would pay a visit to the Sanibel Lighthouse - me and quite a few other people had the same idea. Quite a few sweet sightings such as Hooded Warbler and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds....more seen than photographed but that's okay - the memory lives on.
An Indigo Bunting posed for some time.

First I heard the Cedar Waxwings, then I saw them swaying with the wind in a tree top - 11 of them.

This is one of my favorite - there is just something very striking about this specie.





A few Prairie Warblers were seen.

A Great Egret slowly moving to capture its prey until a car came by and couldn't wait to go to the beach....pushing the bird out of the way.

I trust that he was able to find a more peaceful spot to eat. 
 I'd say this was a great start to my day but most importantly, a great beginning of the Spring Migration Season. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pretty Waxwings and the beautiful Indigo Bunting.. Looks like a great day to be out birding..It is snowing here in Maryland today.. Have a great week and happy birding.

    ReplyDelete