Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Misc sightings across the island.

Some days I go birding with the 'intentions' of seeing some particular species - other times the sightings come to me LOL that happens a whole lot more than my intentions. This Carolina Wren for example, he called to me while I was inside my house reading the newspaper.

This Pileated Woodpecker is often heard before being sighted.

The Common Grackles are everywhere lately and it's helping me to make comparisons with the other black birds that I see.

A Red-shouldered Hawk after he jumped off his perch.

A Roseate Spoonbill passing through.

A lovely pair of Red-bellied Woodpecker checking on some real estate.

Green Heron mama - sitting on her 3 eggs.

Just another gator.

A Ruddy Turnstone - a beach bird.



A Black-bellied Plover in its summer breeding plumage.


A Willet on the beach drying up and watching for overhead traffic.


An Osprey doing some remodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment