Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hump Day

My schedule is winding down and I took this opportunity to visit the Sanibel Garden Preserve. I arrived bright and early and enjoyed listening to the symphony that only the birds can provide.


Spring and love is definitely in the air - evident with all the pairs that I am seeing, the Great Crested Flycatchers were everywhere it seemed.

This Common Grackle was seen carrying nesting material into this wooden power pole cavity.

A pair of Mottled Ducks were enjoying their private pond,

I can certainly understand that.

My happy place - well, one of them.

A Gumbo Limbo in transition.

After a while I headed to the Lighthouse....

a female Cardinal was spotted even though it blended in quite well.....
 
and a Common Grackle on top of palm fronds - look at that purple neck ring, I never noticed that before.

Several Prairie Warblers were spotted - they were quite busy eating the insects among the trees....one of these days I'll spot one sitting still.


No comments:

Post a Comment