Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

The early riser gets the bird

I just love this time of the year, the sky is clearer and the air is cooler - there are more birds and the trail is still quiet.
My visit to the Bailey Tract and the Sanibel Garden Preserve this morning provided nice surprises.
Doesn't this Mockingbird look lovely as he is being kissed by the morning light?

I guess I could say the same about this Eastern Phoebe, his song was a nice bonus too.

Several White Ibis adopted this bare tree, the Osprey decided it was just too crowded and left.

I liked how the clouds/humidity started to move in the area - it sure created interesting hues in the vista.

A young Bald Eagle perched on the tower - which provided me the answer as to why all of a sudden all the birds left.

When the dust settled a few unknowing Eurasian Collared Doves came to roost nearby.

On my way back I stumbled upon a House Wren right out in the open, he had the better viewing side.

A regal Merlin digesting his dragonfly.

You know the ducks are underway when you see a nice crowd of Blue-winged Teal.....I'm ready.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment