Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A quick beach getaway

I live one mile from the beach and I hadn't been there in the past 3 weeks - I was way due for a visit.
The little peeps today consisted mainly of Sanderlings - this one was feeding on an Urchin

A Lesser Black-backed Gull found pieces of fish among the sea debris.

Sadly, a view of the water released from Lake O - every time we have excess rain it is released down the river which trickles down our way - the water turns brown and affects the sea grass - which affects the sea life....it's a domino effect of the worst kind.

And I don't like it one bit.

A walk along the Lighthouse brought me face to face with a Gopher Tortoise on the edge of its burrow.

I believe he smiled for the camera.

I've yet to see juvenile Gopher - I look forward to that day, should I ever be so blessed.

A Mourning Dove paid a visit to the Gopher's stomping ground.

Found within the beach debris - what appears to be a Common Loon....it most likely perished from the red tide we had recently.


Facing the cool wind was a nice mixture - can you i.d. each one? From left to right: A Ring-billed Gull, a Willet, a Black Skimmer and a Royal Tern.

Several Ring-billed Gulls and Royal Terns and a phrase that comes to mind....I believe I'll rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment