Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Sanibel Garden Preserves as the sun rises

Bright and early - that's my middle name. I arrived at the Sanibel Garden Preserves with the hopes of finding the Swallow-tailed Kites perched on the snags but instead found many others that had eluded me in the past.
I had a feeling that it was going to be a great day - how could it not with such beautiful vistas!

Ha! Surprised to see this Yellow-crowned Night heron here.

As I proceeded down toward the tower, I came upon this little pond with Great Egrets all around the edges - as if a meeting was taking place and I was intruding.....I continued on my way.


The Killdeer was ever watchful and vocal when he flew.


The Great Blue Heron and the Black-crowned Night Heron shared the pond...lots of room to go around, Little Blue herons, White Ibis of different ages and Anhinga were also enjoying the area.


The Marsh Rabbits stayed by the entrance and watched me as I made my way back.

This was the first time that I saw so many Black-crowned Night Herons at the Sanibel Garden Preserves.


A singing Cardinal lead the way.

A pair of vigilant Great Crested Flycatchers, also quite vocal....

Sometimes too fast for me to capture their image.

Good bye said one of many Red-bellied Woodpecker. My E-bird List for this morning's venture http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18118924
 

No comments:

Post a Comment