Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bald Eagle and Cooper Hawk

It's the first of September and I can feel the excitement building up in anticipation of migration, it's interesting too that my turtle season is winding down at the same time - perfect!
So, I was just finishing up with a sea turtle nest inventory when a Bald Eagle flew into my sight and landed in an Australian Pine - I ventured closer to get a better view. In the process I also noticed something else way up but couldn't make it out - like a crazy birder, I ran to my car to get my binoculars and camera to come back and get a better look.
Ah! Now I see - a Cooper Hawk watching the Bald Eagle down below.

After a bit I made my way to the other side of the tree to get a better view.

How do you like that? The sun is in my back while I look at the moon with a Bald Eagle above it.

Pretty regal, isn't he?

And before I knew what was happening, the Cooper came down and the Bald Eagle took to the sky with the Cooper in tow. I think this is a great way to start September, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment