Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wakodahatchee Wetlands

I was on the East coast of Florida with a family visit agenda and thought I would fit in a few hours of birding. A stop at Wakodahatchee from 12:00 to 2:00 was fruitful - not my favorite time of day to do birding but I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. My first sighting - a Black-crowned Night Heron

Some Black-bellied Whistling Ducks with a Roseate Spoonbill dipping in the foreground.


Great views of a Purple Gallinule


Several Double-crested Cormorants were nesting/raising youngs....

...So was the Neotropic Cormorant.

A few Iguanas have called this place 'home'.

A young Pied-billed Grebe.

A Glossy Ibis.

More Black-bellied Whistling Ducks.


The Lily pads - providing shade for the small fish and often used as a carpet by the Gallinules.

Several Swamphen were spotten....note they are now called "Gray-faced Swamphen".

I had a great time re-visiting this spot - my E-bird list for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment