Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Hoodies at Ding

It seems to be customary for a pair of Hooded Merganser to be seen along the Wildlife Drive of Ding Darling in Sanibel and I had the opportunity to go and spend some time observing them this morning, come along and see....
When I first spotted the pair they were sitting by the Willets at the Tower.

The female could blend in with the Willets but the male not so much.

Shortly after the male took off for a feast expedition and I watched....






and noticed how it lowers its crest before diving into the water - more streamline that way...





and off it went, what fun to watch him!

Before I knew it, a Little Blue Heron appeared from the Mangroves and fluffed itself up before sprinting away, I was grateful for this cameo.



Pretty good morning drive wouldn't you say and a great way to end it with a male Pileated Woodpecker.
 

1 comment: