Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Black Skimmers

 Ahhhh....it doesn't get any better than this.....the open sky, the vast gulf and the serenity of being surrounded by wildlife.
 This is the area where the Black Skimmers are nesting - I am told, though someone I saw today shared that he's yet to see any chicks but hoping that it will still happen.
 To me this was a treat to see - being new to birding, this was actually my first opportunity to witness these birds standing and sitting. I was hoping to see them make a ripple across the calm waters - perhaps the next time.
 There was quite a few of them - my estimate is about 50.
 A little pow-wow going on here, probably chatting about the one that got away.
 Haha, the odd ball.....likes to hang with the wrong crowd :)

No comments:

Post a Comment