Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Sunday drive

What a way to start the day! A tree fully decorated with Palm Warblers and Yellow-rumped Warblers....how many can you find?

The Yellow-rumped has arrived at the Bailey Tract.


The Mockingbird - I believe that he has gotten to know me because he doesn't even move when I go by.

The Brown Pelicans were flying - solo and in groups......to the Gulf they go.


The Palm Warbler - which at the time I mistakenly believed that it was a Prairie because of the bars on the belly and the yellow under the eye - however, the tail is a telltale for sure.

Sweet Phoebe who sings "Phoebe".

The Coot Family - snug as a bug in the reeds.

The Common Gallinule - or is it Moorhen?? An adult with a juvenile.

The Bailey Tract Ani Pond with 4 Grebes.

Here's another Mockingbird - curious and quiet.


A Tri-colored Heron - posing still. Check out those pink eyes!

The Anhinga - all dried up and ready for another swim.

Here is what I think is a Northen Harrier - I know....bad photo....but I'm hoping my friend Robert - the raptor expert - will clarify.

3 comments:

  1. I just love all your shots. So very nice and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Please note that the "Fall Prairie Warbler" is really a Palm Warbler. For a comparison, you can check out http://digital-plume.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-vireo-in-swamp-plus-warbler-flashback.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you noticing and for taking the time to write.

      Delete