Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Migrants mingling by the locals

As the migration gets really narrowed down - I've been checking up on the hot spots around the island just to see who has flown in the night before.
Sometimes I just come across some other adorable little creature - such as this Green Anole.

At the Lighthouse Point, I got a quick glimpse of a Black-throated Blue Warbler .... I know, no black throat and that's indicative of a female .... in the bird world the male is the one that stands out.

A Blackpoll Warbler....zooming in and out

A Cape May Warbler - a male

Then a little spin through Ding Darling provided a really nice surprise....

A Bay-breasted Warbler that came into my lens just long enough for me to capture its beauty.

At the Tower - 29 Roseate Spoonbills were resting and preening - don't they just look delicious!



Then I spotted "Ding" the Reddish Egret - doing its famous dance and catching some fish

This is one of the bird that is outfitted with a solar powered transmitter as well as a band - they study his habits and track its movements


At the Shell Mound - the Cape May Warbler seemed to rule the area

And that's okay - I don't get to see them very often and it is quite a treat to observe them.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. You always manage to get some really good photos. Great job...

    ReplyDelete