Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2016

One day at a time

Following my husband's health issues lately, I've had to work hard at staying in 'today' and not projecting a future that has yet to arrive, sometimes it's easier said than done. In any event, I've had to force myself to take 'me' time in order to regain some serenity in my daily life and today it took me to my old stomping ground....the Bailey Tract and the Sanibel Garden Preserve....come along and let's rekindle.....
Even though it's been almost a month since I visited, that magical hour at which time everything starts to awaken has not changed...several Black-crowned Night Herons were in flight or perched.

The water levels has dropped, making it a favorite spot to eat for the Egrets, Ibis and Herons.

More Black-crowned Night Herons - 2 juveniles.

An Otter was quite a bit away from me and I had just enough time to capture it - it looks as if a pup is hiding/clinging under it?? Could that be?

In some dark recess - an adult Black-crowned Night Heron.


Several Swallow-tailed Kites sharing a tree with a Red-shouldered Hawk.

A young Marsh Rabbit - I saw great signs of a good population this morning.

A Red-shouldered Hawk with an eagle eye.

A new family of Red-bellied Woodpecker.

Great Egrets with Snowy Egrets.

Interesting how a Fish Crow looks 'brown' when the sun hits its feathers just so.

And one of many young Common Gallinule. It was nice to see all the young birds tending to their needs...a great reminder of what I need to do too. So much has happened in this past month... my husband's slow recovery and the outpouring of support from you while this continues to take place. My birding friends, I want to say a Big Thank YOU for your positive thoughts - you are so appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of a favorite quote..."Take a quiet walk with Mother Nature. It will nurture your mind, body and soul." by Anthony Douglas Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, that quote is so true, thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  2. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery France.

    ReplyDelete