Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Naples Botanical Garden

There were some reports about a few species down in Collier Co - my interest was piqued and I decided to make the drive this morning. We met up with Arthur who graciously offered to show us around, boy what a treat that was! Thank You Arthur!
I present you: Naples Botanical Garden
We took the trail that lead us to the Florida Gardens - it gave us great views of Stilt Sandpipers.

I found the scope to be quite helpful especially since the birds were at times quite far away from us. On this observation tower there is a pair of binoculars and they provide quite a view.

The remnants of Melaleuca trees can be seen in the distance. They are native to Australia and unfortunately became an invasive "weed" in Florida.

I am still on the tower and can see Arthur talking with Meg & Mary. While they were coming back up - I was able to finally see the

Wilson Phalarope

It was quite a treat that this bird was sighted in our area.

The Stilt Sandpiper.

The Tower

After the Tower - we followed Arthur into dense shrubs and Pine trees....our aim....

an Eastern Towhee.

Back to the main area of the Botanical Garden - we explored the Dinosaurs while having thoughts of our grandson being mesmerized by these creatures.



This place is heavenly and I would need a week of Sundays to explore all the different gardens.

Feeling very zen here.

We spent a bit of time in the Orchid garden and it was divine.

I thought of my friend Elaine and how much she would love to see them.

This Orchid sports a cute facial expression - seemingly saying: "What!! Going home so soon!!"
 If you haven't been there - I would highly recommend a visit - well worth the 15.00 entry fee. It's open every day from 9 to 5.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great park to visit. Interesting that I talked to aboute the Melaleuca trees.

    ReplyDelete