Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Sanibel Garden in late June

Today's sighting brought me yet more wonderful experiences. As I progress in my 'birding' journey, I am finding myself stepping back from my competitive nature and instead spending more quality time observing and just BEing. Come along and discover what a June day brings....
My first greetings was from a family of Common Ground Doves.

Followed by a few vocal Red-shouldered Hawk...

I stepped back to see what type of food he had just grabbed on the ground, which made me

realized that he was calling another - which came and grabbed the loot before taking off

It wasn't very big - perhaps a lizard.


A bit around the corner - an Osprey was watching intently....stay tuned....

a Marsh Rabbit was by my feet, distracting me for a bit....until I heard...

some humanoids abusing the English language while

attempting to do some repair at the tower - the tower where the Osprey roost....in any event, my walk was a bit shortened today.

I continued on and watched a Swallow-tailed Kite soaring in long luxurious circles....leading me....

to Island Inn Road where I spotted a family (5) of Gray Kingbirds - wanting to join in was a Red-bellied Woodpecker.



I enjoyed listening and watching them as a group.

A Great Crested Flycatcher was calling too!

A Common Grackle with his pale yellow eyes.

A Mourning Dove gathering nesting material.

Summer time in Florida produces lush greenery with fast growth - check this poison ivy with red leaves, green leaves and white berries!

A male Anhinga with a pink throat.



More lush growth - usually these plants are below the boardwalk.

A Ring-necked Snake.

The only Heron I saw today - a Little Blue.


A Gulf Frittilary sealed the day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment