Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ding Darling in the rain

A visit to Ding Darling seems to be in order - a great idea if I must say so myself especially since it's raining on and off  - come along and see what I had the opportunity to watch this morning.
The tide was outgoing and the drizzling seems to be welcomed by my feathered friends.

 White Pelicans among a Reddish Egret and a Roseate Spoonbill

As I was watching the sand bars - a dozen + brown birds were coming close to me....Red Knots in their winter plumage as well as Short-billed Dowitchers and a Dunlin (see below).


The Reddish Egret can be seen sporting his solar powered antenna - I wonder what kind of messages it sends when it is raining all day.

More White Pelicans, Yellowleg and Willets.

A single Least Sandpiper - the smallest of them all and it has yellow legs.

"Hey" Listen up! I've got a story to tell you!

"Hey, Is anybody listening?"

"Don't leave - I'm not done yet."

"Oh my goodness, maybe it's my breath!"

"That should do it."

"Where did everybody go?"





"Ummm, I think it's just me and you kid."

Down the road a bit - a Spotted Sandpiper

Much further down the road....

A Yellow-crowned Night Heron seen swallowing a mangrove crab.

I'll wave good bye for now and I urge you to come back very soon - see my spots, there are more to come. Stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment