Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there - I hope that you get around to take time for yourself and enjoy the day.
I went out with the crack of dawn for some reflection and just to enjoy the beautiful gifts that a nature walks provide.
And it all began with a beautiful sunrise.

A Southern Leopard Frog leaped by my feet - oh how captivating!

The Swallow-tailed Kites are always a pleasure to catch a glimpse of.


This lady Pileated Woodpecker was rather frazzled about something as can be seen by her crest.

I never get tired of seeing those - do you?

A Zebra Longwing - I love how they seemingly float in the air and how they bring instant peace when I see them.

A Brown Anole aka Cuban Anole

A Great Blue Heron - I find it interesting how skittish they are especially for their size, it was quite a distance away yet reacted to my movements.

Down the trail I discovered some turtle eggs that had been dug up - most likely eaten by the local Coyotes.

One of three generations of Common Gallinule - I watched them this morning and marveled how the younger Gallinules were helping to take care of the brand new chicks along with the parents.

A walk through the Bailey Tract would not be the same without those lacy Dragonflies.

A Green Anole blending in on a new green shoot.

A Green Heron - I see a lot of them this time of the year....young and old ones.

This Osprey was relishing his fresh catch of the day - which reminds me that I'd better get home and fix a nice breakfast for my hubby - it's the least that I can do to thank him for being a great dad to our children for so many years.....Tony, you rock!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment