Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

Harn's Marsh in Lehich Acres with the Caloosa Bird Club

Before I begin today I want to express my gratitude to all of you who follow my blog on a regular basis, it brought a huge smile when I realized that the 100,000 views rolled over, so Thank You All, I could not have done it without YOU!
 Now, without much further adoo, let's move on to today's expedition.
It had been a couple of weeks since I went out with the bird club and several months since I visited Harn's Marsh - it was with great anticipation that we started our bird outing today. Come along and see what we feasted our eyes on .....
I love the big expanse of land and water and the peace that this space provides, don't you?

Harn's Marsh wouldn't be Harn's Marsh without all the Black and Turkey Vultures greeting us at the beginning.

The Boat-tailed Grackles wanted to make it more personal too.

Several Glossy Ibis can be seen around the Marsh.

And the Sandhill Cranes! Oh My!

We got a huge treat when they started their dance rituals while calling one another.


The Savannah Sparrows are always fun to watch too - up one minute and down the next.

The Gray-headed Swamp hen are alive and well.

More Crane action.


Harn's Marsh has a trail that loops around and if you have the energy you can easily walk it - all 4 miles of it. As a group, we signed up and had special permission to drive around but as you can see we all get out of our cars and spend time observing what takes place.

Another bunch - just how beautiful are they?

They granted me a group photo, thank you!




Other than large Crane, some tiny butterflies were observed as well - a Barred Sulphur is seen here.

My favorite: a bright yellow happy flower :)

Did you know that birders are great listeners?

How about an American Bittern - always hiding - but this time one of our members spotted it.

You can see how they can easily be missed.

A Limpkin - a regular at the Marsh.

More great spaces.

Looking for a Spotted Sandpiper - instead we spotted a Hooded Merganser and several Black-bellied Whistling Ducks.

A Greater Yellowlegs sat long enough for me to capture it, the Lesser not so much.

Another Hooded - sweet!

Our last sweet bunch - Least Sandpipers! When you get a chance, make sure to visit Harn's Marsh - it will provide you with priceless time filled with beautiful creatures - big and small.
 

1 comment: