Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sanibel Garden preserves at day's end.

Birding at the end of the day brings a whole different outlook - and I was surprised to see so many birds together.....It's all good.
The Little Blue Heron - past its first year would be my guess. They begin life being totally white and in two years time become totally blue. I kind of like this white and blue streaking - it reminds me of a loafing kind of day with white t-shirt and faded blue jeans.

I made my way to the tower and there I counted 120 White Ibis and within this bunch were a few surprises too.

The sun's location, my position and the fact that this Anhinga was facing me - made for a different look all together.



Different stages of the White Ibis - it starts with mostly brown and over the course of the first couple of years - more white feathers comes in until adulthood where the Ibis is all white.


Look who's here, front and center!


A Roseate Spoonbill.





The sun sure provided a magical touch to the preserve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment