Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Circle B Bar Preserve with the Caloosa Bird Club

I've been waiting for this moment for some time now and I'm so glad it's finally here. And it seemed to be very fitting to start the day with an owl considering how the day ended yesterday (you'll just have to scroll down to the previous post to see what I'm talking about). So, come along with me and see what the day brought...

A Barred Owl - what a beauty!

It sets the day and leads us to the trail.

And the trail took us to the next surprise....

A Wood Duck on top of a deal Palm tree.


A family of Sandhill Cranes was not too far.


Limpkins were heard and seen through the entire preserve.

Our group seems dwarfed by the mossy Oak Trees.

A House Wren

A Swamp Sparrow - right out in the open by my feet - I love this place!


A female Common Yellow-throat.

Another Limpkin

One of three Purple Gallinule that I saw.

An Anhinga in his beautiful breeding Plumage.


A Great Blue Heron on its nest.

A Glossy Ibis


An Eastern Phoebe

Can you see the Wilson Snipe?

How about now? Amazing how they blend in, hey?

A beautiful little Sora which wasn't much bigger than the Snipe.

Another Sandhill Crane.

A couple Forster Terns

A Royal Tern

A Green Heron

100+ Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

And that one odd ball in the back is a Fulvous Whistling Duck

The ducks were also perched within the mossy tree limbs.

Another Limpkin - this one is busy making its nest.

A close up of those Black-bellied Whistling Ducks.

An American Robin - I never get tired of seeing them.

And the last sighting of the day - two Great Horned Owlets on the way out of Circle B Bar Reserve

One of them could be seen hiding behind the Ressurection Fern

What a perfect way to end a beautiful weekend - I feel blessed and my spirit is filled to the brim.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment