Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

Barred Owl

I tend to visit the 6 miles Cypress Slough several times during the year and every time that I do - I am always delighted with what I see. It is quite a challenge to take photos in that environment but it doesn't take away from the spiritual experience that I get from being surrounded by those tall Cypress. As always, I invite you to come and visit with me.....
and this, my friend, was the surprise of the day - a Barred Owl

How great is that! Most of the time I don't get to see this owl - once last week, Elaine and I heard it calling so we were thrilled to see it today.


Look how well it blends in with its environment, had I not followed its flight, I would have missed it entirely.



The Carolina Wrens are heard through out the Slough and often times seen too.

A nice migrant was spotted - A Worm-eating Warbler.

It is quite an acrobatic specie.

Quite a charmer, don't you think?

Talking about acrobatics - how about this squirrel hanging down while eating - very amusing and quite entertaining.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment