Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy New Year!

I wish all of you a very Happy New Year and may you see all the birds that your heart desires and that goes for me too!
My first birding day this year came on January 2nd with the Caloosa Bird Club and it took place at Bunche Beach....come along and see....
Now, is there a better way to start the day - I think not.

And what a nice surprise to have the Brant so close and what joy to have it still around.


A King's Crown drew my attention - notice the colorful bands and the live mollusk sporting a black and white pattern.

And how interesting to see those egg cases attached - live mollusk lead an interesting life.

This Bald Eagle likes to hang around the platform in the parking lot of the Bailey-Matthew National Shell Museum.

This moment begged for a quote....the crow jumped over the moon.

This Otter and the rest of the photos were taken today at the Bailey Tract - I started early in the very dense fog....it made for a quiet and peaceful morning as I observed wildlife all around me welcoming the new day.

This Wilson Snipe did not escape my eyes even though it was quiet as a mouse.

An adult Wood Stork landed in the shallow water while....

a much younger one perched in a tree and watched from above.

A lovely Roseate Spoonbill joined in and soon...

the White Ibis kept it company too.

This wraps up another beautiful morning - I feel blessed when I'm surrounded by nature and this morning provided me with all that I needed.
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year France. I hope you have an awesome time birding and shelling this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit late but I wanted to say thank you and also to wish you the same. Keep on enjoying your traveling life and perhaps write a book about it, there's much experience for you to share with others.

      Delete