Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Roseate morning

A visit to the Bailey Tract this morning made for a very nice beginning for this day.
There's a cold front heading our way and even though the Bailey Tract is 1/2 mile from the beach, I could hear the ocean roar....

the Pied-billed Grebe is pretty well protected.

Around the corner a Mourning Dove's feathers seemed to glisten with gold in the sunshine.


A Kestrel was surveying the area for a bite to eat.

This Roseate Spoonbill gave me the impression of being filled with kindness - can you see it in its eyes and can you feel the softness too?






Once the Roseate disappeared from sight - a Palm Warbler caught my attention - it had me wonder at first because it was hopping while keeping its tail up, not quite a Palm behavior however with closer inspection it was confirmed.

Well, this concludes another beautiful visit at the Bailey Tract - looks like the Mottled Ducks were able to find a spot away from those high winds....I think I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment