Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Bailey Tract

A visit to the Bailey Tract always brings nice surprises, come along and see....
My first greeter today - a young female Belted Kingfisher.

Another loud greeter - the Green Heron - this one with its crest up and its neck all stretched out - made it looked very tall.

It was soon joined by 3 others.

What a glorious beacon this Bald Eagle makes.

I have a feeling I know who these are....

sure enough, Eastern Kingbirds.


The Red Cardinal wondered what the fuss was all about.

Another look or two - what a treat to see it relatively close by.

One of two Pied-billed Grebe, my first fall sighting - welcome back!

Poor photos but it was my first time putting my camera on a Bobolink, it was quite a bit of a distance away but it sure made for a nice sign off for the day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment